Printfriendly

Honey Pecan Fruit Salad!


This fruit salad is a really fresh tasting fruit salad that uses all fresh fruit and just a light dressing with honey for a bit of a sweetness.  It's a great salad for those who are trying to reduce processed sugars and you can feel good about giving this to the children as a healthy snack or with their dinner or lunch.  My husband is our big fruit eater in the house and he just absolutely loves this salad.

 Here is what you will need:

1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup mayonnaise (can use light)
1 cup seedless grapes, halved
3 oranges, peeled, seeded and cut in bite size pieces (can use a 11 oz. can of Mandarin oranges, drained if you do not have fresh oranges)
4 apples, cored, unpeeled and diced (I used 2 red and 2 green for color)
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
juice of 1 lemon
1 cup pecans, chopped


Mix the honey and mayonnaise together in a bowl until smooth.  Set aside.  Place the grapes, orange pieces, apples and bananas in a bowl.


Sprinkle the lemon juice over the fruit.  This keeps the apples and bananas from turning dark. 
Sprinkle half of the pecans in and pour the dressing over all.  Toss gently, careful not to mash the fruit.  Once tossed, sprinkle the other half of the pecans on top. 


Serve immediately or chill for an hour before serving!

8 comments:

  1. We have lots of grapes right now here in Sicily, but we don't have pecans, I guess I can use walnuts right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very tasty, going to have to give it a try! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! The dressing gives a nice little extra touch to the fruit. I have always made my fruit salad plain, I am definitely going to try it with this easy dressing :) fruit salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt and just 1/4 cup of mayonnaise the second time I made this, it was even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had this fruit salad but in addition we added almond extract to the honey, sprinkle with coconut and slice in half cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom always made fruit salad for the holidays. Well I say my Mom did but from about the age of 5 I used to make it every year. It was grapefruit 2, pealed and sectioned over the bowl, 2 navel oranges the same as before, 1 tangerine same, 2 apples pealed and cored, I used to peal one and leave one with the skin, for color, 2 bananas, and a bunch of grapes cut in half. I used to have to take the seeds out but, they come seedless now. One lemon squeezed over all. Chop one cup of pecans fine. Add to salad and stir gently. This is my favorite fruit salad. I love all kinds of fruit salad and my Grandma made one like your recipe with mayo. And I love it, but this one from my childhood is so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I want to make this soon.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest